- Established as the first part of the research centre in 2013
- The main activity is the collection, processing and storage of biological samples (cells, tissue, serum, plasma, DNA, RNA) from patients with blood cancers
- The workplace has equipment for nucleic acids isolation, samples freezing including monitored material archived at -20° C, -80° C and -196° C (liquid nitrogen)
Cell sorting laboratory
- The laboratory specializing in magnetic separation and fluorescence-activated cell sorting comprising primarily high purity cell sorting
- It is possible to separate to 4 cell populations at once
- M Aseptic sorting, cell separation directly on the slides, „single-cell sorting“ and others
Hematopoietic cell laboratory
- Laboratory was established in 2014 as part of the new autologous stem cell transplantation project in HOC FHO and MF UO.
- The basic task is hematopoietic stem cells processing at all stages: from their removal from the patient to the transplant itself
- Scientific activity is focused on special manipulation with hematopoietic cells ex vivo with the aim of producing an algorithm of hematopoietic stem cells applications to patients without the heavy side effects
The modern animal facility will be fully operating from early 2020 to enable in vivo experimental validation as a necessary prerequisite of future clinical trials.
The facility will include self-sufficient clean (SPF barrier) area with several individually ventilated cages (IVC) for keeping and breeding immunodeficient mice, whole body bioluminescence device, pass through an autoclave, H2O2steriliser, biosafety cabinet, cleaning and waste disposing areas etc.
The conception of the animal facility management will be in accordance with highest world standards for laboratory animals and in compliance with EU legislation.